Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stay tuned for a Location Change

I will probably be moving to WordPress and my own domain name here in the very near future.

My tech savvy Marine son has set me up with all the works.

I'll let him explain it in his own words

I am InfamousMetal (webname) and i have set this blog up for my nOOb step dad who just started blogging. I have my own Web server and as a late fathers day gift i set him up his own blog because i really don't like blogspot anyway.
Not quite the nOOb, he says...but very cool.

So, I've been working behind the scenes at Wordpress to learn my way around...and soon will start moving to the new digs.

Pretty special kid, isn't he?

8 comments:

Z@X said...

Cool! Let us know what you find better (or worse) with Wordpress.

Weer'd Beard said...

Way-to-Go Bob! That's a great boy you got there!

Also made me smile to see some light-hearted ribbing at you!

Can't wait to see the new digs!

the pistolero said...

Indeed. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! Anything is better than Blogger.

Unknown said...

I started on wordpress and moved over to Blogger after a few months. I might move back at some point, there are pros and cons.

Bob S. said...

MikeB,

What did you find to be the biggest difference?

And what did you like best about Wordpress?

Unknown said...

Wordpress didn't allow the ads, Blogger did. But now I realize they're useless unless you have major traffic. With 100 or 200 visitors a day, partly from the same people, you don't make any money. At least I haven't. I guess at a certain point, maybe in the thousands a day, you can.

Other than that, it's six of one half dozen of the other.

Weer'd Beard said...

Mike, I'd say you'd be better off doing a grant aplication to the Joyce Foundation for some spending money.

You know my feelings about your blog, but honestly why should the Gun Guys get paid writting a blog that isn't as good as yours!