Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Deceptive Product Packaging

Breakfast is a favorite meal of mine. Normally some brands can be counted on to deliver a high quality product that meets all the requirements.

Here is a image of one of those normally reliable brands.


I understand that the pictures are staged and may not depict the exact product, I understand manufacturing variation. I truly understand all of that....I also know how to count - note the 12 pieces of sausage depicted in the picture.

Here is the reality.



I understand that some products are measured by weight and not quantity, but this in no way came close.

So, what should I do?

In the past, I would vetch to a few close friends (what I'm doing here) and would let it go. After being in the retail business for a couple of years, I've changed my approach. I realize that companies need to hear back from their customers, especially when the product doesn't meet expectations.

So, I found the Web site for the product in question, located their easy to find "contact us" link and am doing that. One surprise was that I didn't know this brand was owned by Sara Lee.

I submitted a comment and will post any information if there is any follow up.

Just ranting here....anyone else have a product they were disappointed in because it didn't meet their expectations?

8 comments:

tom said...

T/C barrels. On none of their packaging have I ever seen "barrel may be warped and both chamber and crown may not be cut concentric with bore depending on if one of the guys in the machine shop had a long lunch that day and didn't really care." I sent them back.

Bob S. said...

LOL Tom, guess T/C won't be asking you for any product endorsements :)

Weer'd Beard said...

"So, what should I do?"

Learn to Cook! Seriously an Ape like me could cook up better nosh than that AND it would be better for you to boot!

Honestly for me, I buy, observe, if I'm not happy they got a freebie off of me, and I'll simply not buy the product anymore and tell others about it (see my random rants every time somebody mentions Chip McCormick Power Magazines....tho Chip's other products are decent, my carry 1911 is rocking a Chip Guide Rod Assembly and Chip Slimline Grips)

If somebody I trust recomends a product/vendor, or pans them, I will send my monies accordingly.

Of course in this case I KNOW how to drive a teflon skillet. ; p

Bob S. said...

Weer'd,

I know how to cook, it finding the time to cook some days.

We generally cook up breakfast for the week on Sunday. Parcel out all the food into separate containers and we're good for the week.

Lately, we've been a little lax in cooking so we keep these types of easy meals on hand.

jdberger said...

Dear goodness, Bob.

Don't eat that stuff.

You can whip up a quick sour cream, asparagus and ham omelet in the time it takes you to reheat that thing.

Heathier and delicious.

Bob S. said...

JD,


I thought I knew you but realize I never did....why on God's green earth would anyone want to ruin perfectly good eggs, ham, cheese with asparagus?????? :)

Kevin said...

". . . anyone else have a product they were disappointed in because it didn't meet their expectations?"Oh yes.

tom said...

Bob,

If they built them properly they'd cost 3-5 times what they do and most people don't really care so I figure they know what they are doing. If Encores started costing $2500 instead of $5-700 I think their sales would drop even if the quality control was better, because most people wouldn't notice. You sure can make 'em shoot way better than T/C Cussed 'em Shop even does if you put the time in them, though.