Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What in the World?

Sorry for a lack of posting but I spent some time in the hospital because of a sneeze!


Tuesday, about 4:15 p.m. I sneezed, not even a hard sneeze, at work and felt like someone stabbed me in the kidney. It wasn't a pulled muscle, it wasn't anything like what I've experienced before....expect PAIN. Thought it might be kidney stones.

My wife and I carpool to work, she works only a couple of miles from me so it saves us gas. By the time she arrived at 5:00 I was a hurting puppy.

So, when she suggested a visit to the ER, I agreed. (Ok, after trying not to the first time).After a relative fast trip through the ER, it turns out that I had an inflamed appendix.

Turns out if you are hungry waiting for the test results, it isn't a good idea to get a snack ot tide you over. It pushed back the appendictomy until 1:00 a.m.


12 hours after the surgery and I was ready to go home. Just made it back from the hospital.

More later folks

6 comments:

the pistolero said...

Yikes! Welcome back, glad to see you're better now. ;-)

Weer'd Beard said...

Damn they really got that surgery down to a science.

Glad you're all fixed up. If the appendix ruptures you're in for a WORLD of hurt.

Rest up, dude, we'll be here when you're on the mend!

John R said...

Glad you decided to hit the ER instead of "manning" it out. Even happier that all is well.

Z@X said...

Gesundheit!

Good move on choosing the ER.

Wishing you a fast a full recovery,

Zack

Unknown said...

Good luck with the recovery, Bob. I'm going in for a little thing myself next week, unlike your emergency visit, mine is planned. I'm having a metal pin removed from my forearm near the elbow. Also they're gonna remove some calcification while they're in there. Good thing I'm not a shooter, huh. Just thinking about the recoil of, say, a .45, makes my elbow hurt.

Get well soon, Bob.

Weer'd Beard said...

Hey Bob keep this story handy. I just heard on the news Obama wants to roll forward with a Universal Healthcare system.

You'd also might want to google-fu up Death rates from apendicitis in places like the UK and Canada.

Another failed plan that others belive will work "just because"