So, since I'm shameless in my desire to
First up, is a distance shot. Might not get the scale from this, but stick around
Next, we have a couple of shots that help set the scale
Next we come to realize just exactly how spectacular the flag is
.
(click on pics for larger, sharper version)
Looking through the archive, I realize there are several other shots from this summer camp that I want to share. I'm glad this blog is giving me the opportunity to rediscover how much enjoyment I get out of photography.
Thanks for the excuse to post more pictures of the garrison flag Weer'd.
5 comments:
Man that IS impressive!
Sadly because a flag of such size is a LOT of work very few people fly flags of that size. Sadly the only places I've personally seen a flag of that size is flying over Auto Dealerships.
Great shots.
Thanks Weer'd,
Another reason for not many people flying a flag that large is the noise.
It could be heard just about everywhere in the camp and a Boy Scout Summer camp isn't a small place. If that was up in a neighborhood, it generate way too many noise complaints.
Photo for you back atcha, Bob...Little guy is .375 H&H, Big Guy is .50 BMG...577 in the shot for grins....and the star attraction of the new rifle project!
Been staring at the dummied up round and trying to decide some design related things as AMERICAN foundry issues are being sorted out. Am I "compensating" yet?
Tom,
The only thing I see you compensating for is having too much - time, money and energy.
Wow. I may reconsider my expenditure limit with you. I might not want to shoot that more than once.
I don't mind a bruised shoulder, but I do want to still have my shoulder attached :)
I was too annoying and self-centered to marry and have kids because that requires long term relationships, so I have more disposable income and time than most of my friends :-)
I'm aiming for 35lbs or so, loaded, so it should be ~tolerable without a muzzle brake. I tend to forget hearing protection in the field at times so I only use brakes and ports on things that absolutely require them. Like my retired gunsmith college instructor said when told about this "So, you still haven't broken your shoulder yet, is it?" and laughed.
It's one of those things like when me and a friend put a 350 in a TR-7...just kinda seemed like something needed to be done after reflecting on pieces laying around that weren't doing anything after a couple of beers (don't tell my pastor :-)
I usually only shoot 5-7 rounds on .577 days. It isn't braked either. These beasts are designed to be sighted in and used at close range on DG, not practiced with extensively. That's what AR-15s and .45s and .22LRs and such are for.
Post a Comment