Monday, June 1, 2009

Perspective - It makes a difference

In lieu of a well developed, thought provoking post, I present a pictorial guide to perspective and why it makes such a difference.

Exhibit #1  10# Parrot Rifle used by the Confederates in the Battle of Chattanooga, specifiically in this case the Battle of Lookout Mountain. This would be the view the Confederates held.

 
Exhibit #2. This would have been the view any Union soldier would have seen.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

BobG said...

I can tell you from experience, that ANY firearm, no matter how small, when pointed at you seems to look as big as that second picture.

Bob S. said...

BobG,

That sounds like a story I would like to hear.

Glad it seems to have worked out well.

tom said...

If only we'd had more of them and better supply lines...Might still at least have retained the 10th amendment...I might have retained 51 ancestors that primarily fought as light infantry and cannoneers in various Carolinas regiments that are all planted in dirt or lost in mass graves...

Daydream, I know, but daydreams also have their place.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other.

More Whitworths would have helped a lot too, as would a better regular supply of salt for preserving rations (one of the main contributions of Texas to the southern cause, believe it or not, but it's true).

You know the difference 'tween a yankee and a quickie?

Yankee you gotta do yerself.

Welcome back home to Tejas.

Gal I know's friend whistles to "killed a chance of yankees and I'd liked to killed some more..." and she said "that's a dirge isn't it?" and her friend said "NOPE! It's a happy song cos it's 'bout killin' yanks!"

Regards from a Southern Part of the state.